EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
Volume 12, Issue 8 (August 2016), pp. 2115-2137
Downloaded 1481 times.
Published online on Jul 02, 2016
How to reference this article?
Effects of Problem-Based Learning on Attitude: A Meta-analysis Study
Melek Demirel & Miray Dağyar
To date, researchers have frequently investigated students’ attitudes toward courses supported by problem-based learning. There are several studies with different results in the literature. It is necessary to combine and interpret the findings of these studies through a meta-analysis method. This method aims to combine different results of similar and independent studies through statistical techniques. Research findings of 47 studies that meet the criteria for meta-analysis are included in the meta-analysis of the study to determine the effects of problem-based learning on students’ attitudes as compared to traditional teaching. Also, some mediator variables are as follows: the status of a study, application time, education levels, scientific field of application, and sample size. As a result of the analysis, it has been found that problem-based learning has a low positive effect on students’ attitudes. It means that problem-based learning is effective in helping students gain a positive attitude toward courses.
Keywords: attitude, effect size, meta-analysis method, problem-based learning
- Sign (+) refers to the studies included in the meta-analysis.
- +Abdullah, N. I., Tarmizi, R. A. & Abu, R. (2010). The effects of problem based learning on mathematics performance and affective attributes in learning statistics at form four secondary level. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 8, 370–376. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2010.12.052.
- Abramson J. H. (1994). Making sense of data: A self-instructional manual on the interpretation of epidemiological data. Oxford: Oxford University.
- Acar, S. (2011). Testing the effects of students' attitude towards the lesson based on computer aided teaching in the field of physics chemistry biology and mathematics by the method of meta analysis. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Yuzuncu Yıl University, Turkey.
- +Akınoğlu, O. & Tandoğan, R. O. (2007). The effects of problem-based active learning in science education on students’ academic achievement, attitude and concept learning. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 3(1), 71-81. Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED495669.pdf.
- Albanese, M. & Mitchell, S. (1993). Problem-based learning: A review of literature on its outcomes and implementation issues. Academic Medicine, 68(1), 52-81. Retrieved from http://journals.lww.com/academicmedicine/Abstract/1993/01000/Problem based _Lear ning__A_Review_of_Literature_on.20.aspx.
- Alper, A., Öztürk, S. & Akyol Aydın, C. (2014). Problem based learning studies in Turkey. Ankara University, Journal of Faculty of Educational Sciences, 47(1), 397-422. Retrieved from http://dergiler.ankara.edu.tr/dergiler/40/1917/20127.pdf.
- Arends, R. I. (1998). Learning to teach. Boston, USA: McGrow Hill.
- +Aydoğdu, C. (2012). The effect of problem based learning strategy in electrolysis and battery subject teaching. Hacettepe University Journal of Education 42, 48-59. Retrieved from http://www.efdergi.hacettepe.edu.tr/yonetim/icerik/makaleler/310- published.pdf.
- Barrows, H. (2002). Is it truly possible to have such a thing as dPBL?. Distance Education, 23 (1), 119-122. doi:10.1080/01587910220124026.
- Batdı, V. (2014). The effects of a problem based learning approach on students' attitude levels: A meta-analysis. Educational Research and Reviews, 9(9), 276-279. doi: 10.5897/ERR2014.1771.
- +Bayrak, R. (2007). Teaching solids by problem based learning. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Ataturk University, Turkey.
- +Bayram, A. (2010). The effect of problem based learning on overcoming 5th grade students misconceptions about heat and temperature? (Unpublished Master Thesis), Selcuk University, Turkey.
- +Benli, E. (2010). The research of the effects of problem based learning to the permanence of information, the academic success of science teacher candidates and their attitudes toward science. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Gazi University, Turkey.
- Beringer, J. (2007). Application of problem based learning through research investigation. Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 31(3), 445-457. doi:10.1080/03098260701514033
- Bloom, B. (1956). Bloom taxonomy of educational objectives: Book 1. New York: Longmans Green.
- Borenstein, M., Hedges, L.V., Higgins, J.P.T. & Rothstein, H.R. (2013). Meta-analize giriş.[Introduction to meta-analysis]. (Serkan Dinçer). Anı: Ankara.
- Borenstein, M., Hedges, L.V, Higgins, J.P.T. & Rothstein, H. R. (2009). Computing effect sizes for meta-analysis. Chichester: John Wiley and Sons.
- +Carll-Williamson, M. P. (2003). The effect of problem-based learning in high school students enrolled in biology for the technologies as measured by concept of self and attitude toward science. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), University of South Carolina, Columbia.
- Chang, C. (2001). Comparing the impacts of a problem-based computer-assisted instruction and the direct-interactive teaching method on student science achievement. Journal of Science Education and Technology, (2)10, 147-153. doi: 10.1023/A:1009469014218
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. US: Lawrence, Erlbaum.
- Colliver, J. A. (2000). Effectiveness of problem-based learning curricula: Research and theory. Academic Medicine, 75(3), 259-266. doi: 10.1097/00001888-200003000- 00017.
- Cook, T. D., Cooper, H. M., Cordray, D.S., Hartmann, H., Hedges, L. V. Light, R. J., Louis, T. A. & Mosteller, F. (1992). Meta-analysis for explanation: A casebook. Newyork: Russell Sage.
- +Çakır, T. (2007). The effect of problem-based learning method on students' achievement, retention and attitude in teaching the circle subjects that are in math course at seventh grade in elementary school. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Balıkesir University, Turkey.
- +Çelik, E., Eroğlu, B. & Selvi, M. (2012). The effect of problem based learning approach in science education on students' academic achievement, and attitudes toward science and technology course. Kastamonu Education Journal, 20(1), 187-202. Retrieved from http://www.kefdergi.com/pdf/20_1/20_1_13.pdf.
- +Çiftçi, S., Meydan, A. & Ektem, I.S. (2008). The effect of Problem-based Learning to the student’s level of achievement and attitude. Selcuk University Journal of Institute of Social Sciences, 17, 179-190.
- Dağyar, M. (2014). The effects of problem based learning on academic achievement: A meta- analysis study. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Hacettepe University, Turkey.
- De Coster, J. (2004). Meta-analysis notes. Retrieved from, www.stat-help.com/notes.
- Delisle, R. (1997). Use problem-based learning in the classroom. USA: ASCD.
- +Demirel, M. & Turan, M. (2010). The effects of problem based learning on achievement, attitude, metacognitive awareness and motivation. Hacettepe University Journal of Education, 38, 55-66. Retrieved from www.ulakbim.gov.tr.
- Demirel, Ö. (1999). Öğretme sanatı. [The art of teaching]. Ankara: Pegema.
- +Deveci, H. (2002). The effect of problem based learning to attitudes, success and retention in social studies. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Anadolu University, Turkey.
- +Diggs, L. (1997). Student attitude toward and achievement in science in a problem based learning educational experience. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), University of Missouri, Colombia.
- Dochy, F., Segers, M., Van den Bossche, P. & Gijbels, D. (2003). Effects of problem-based learning: A meta-analysis. Learn. Instr., 13(5), 533-568. doi:10.1016/S0959- 4752(02)00025-7.
- Dooley, C. (1997). Problem-centered learning experiences: Exploring past, present and future perspectives, Reaper Review,19(4), 192-195. doi:10.1080/02783199709553827.
- Duch, B. J., Groh, S. E. & Alen, D.E. (2001). The power of problem-based learning, a practical “how to” for teaching undergraduate courses in any discipline. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Duman Ç. Z. & Akbaş, H. (2010). Nursing students’ attitudes towards problem-based learning. DEUHYO ED, 3(3), 146-152. Retrieved from http://www.deu.edu.tr/UploadedFiles/Birimler/18278/146-152_pdf.pdf.
- Durlak, J.A. (1995). Reading and understanding multivariate statistics. Washington, DC: American Psychological.
- Edens, K. M. (2000). Preparing problem solvers for the 21st century through problem-based learning. College Teaching, 48(2), 55-60. doi:10.1080/87567550009595813.
- Ergene, T. (1999). Effectiveness of test anxiety reduction programs: A meta-analysis review. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Ohio University, USA.
- Fidan, N. (1996). Okulda öğrenme ve öğretme. [Teaching and learning in schools]. Ankara: Alkım.
- Field, A. P. (2001). Meta-analysis of correlation coefficients: a Monte Carlo comparison of fixed-and random-effects methods. Psychological methods, 6(2), 161-180. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.6.2.161.
- Glass, G. V. (1976). Primary, secondary, and meta-analysis of research. Educational Researcher, 5(10) 3–8. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/1174772.
- Glass, G. V., McGaw, B. & Smith, M. L. (1981). Meta-analysis in social research. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- +Göğüş, R. (2013). Problem based learning teaching science and its effect on students academic achievement and attitudes. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Kirikkale University, Turkey.
- Gömleksiz, M. N. (2003). Validity and reliability of an attitude scale on affective domain in English course. Firat University Journal of Social Science, (13)1, 215-226. Retrieved from dergipark.ulakbim.gov.tr.
- +Gülseçen, S. & Kubat, A. (2006). Teaching ICT to teacher candidates using PBL: A qualitative and quantitative evaluation. Educational Technology ve Society, 9(2), 96- 106. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/jeductechsoci.9.2.96.
- +Güneş, C. (2006). Studying the problem solving based learning method's effect on academic achievement and attitude towards the lesson in endocrine systems unit. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Gazi University, Turkey.
- +Günhan, B. & Başer, N. (2008). Probleme dayalı öğrenme yönteminin öğrencilerin matematiğe yönelik tutumlarına ve başarılarına etkisi. Abant İzzet Baysal Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 8 (1), 119-134.
- Hastings, D. (2003). Case study: Problem based learning and the active classroom. Retrieved from http://www.tag.ubc.ca/facdev/services/newsletter/97/active.html.
- Hedges, L. V. & Olkin, J. (1985). Statistical methods for meta-analysis. Orlando, Florida: Academic.
- Hmelo-Silver, C.E. (2004). Problem based learning: What and how to students learn? Educational Psychology Review, 16(3), 235-266. doi: 10.1023/B:EDPR.0000034022.16470.f3
- House, K. (2000). Mathematical problem solving in a grade 2 classroom. A Report of An Internship, 52-57. 11. Memorial University of Newfoundland. Retrieved from http://www.researchgate.net/publication/35736015.
- +Hwang, S. Y. & Kim, M. J. (2006). A comparison of problem based learning and lecture based learning in an adult health nursing course. Nurse Education Today, 26, 315-321. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16364510.
- Ilgaz, G. (2006). The attitudes of seventh grade towards the science course and learning strategy use. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Trakya University, Turkey.
- +İnce Aka, E. (2012). The effect of problem-based learning method used for teaching acids and bases on different variables and students views on the method. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Gazi University, Turkey.
- +İşeri Gökmen, S. (2008). Effects of problem based learning on students' environmental attitude through local vs. non-local environmental problems. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
- Johnstone, K. M. & Biggs, S. F. (1998). Problem-based learning: introduction, analysis, and accounting curricula implications. Journal of Accounting Education. 16(3), 407-427. doi:10.1016/S0748-5751(98)00026-8.
- Kaptan, F. & Korkmaz, H. (2001). Problem based learning approach in science education. Hacettepe University Journal of Education, 20, 185-192. Retrieved from ulakbim.gov.tr.
- +Karaöz, M. P. (2008). The effect of teaching the unit of ?power and motion? in primary school science course using the problem based learning approach on students science process skills, success and attitude. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Muğla University, Turkey.
- Kaufman, D. M. & Mann, K. V. (1997). Basic sciences in problem‐based learning and conventional curricula: students' attitudes. Medical Education, 31(3), 177-180. DOI: doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.1997.tb02562.x.
- +Kazemi, F. & Ghoraishi, M. (2012). Comparison of problem-based learning approach and traditional teaching on attitude, misconceptions and mathematics performance of University Students . Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 46, 3852 - 3856. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.06.159.
- Kenn, M. (1996). Problem based learning, issues of teaching and learning. Retrieved from http://csd.uwa.edu.au/newsletter.
- Kocakaya, S. (2011). An educational dilemma: Are educational experiments working? Educational Research and Reviews, 6(1), 110-123. Retrieved from http://www.academicjournals.org/journal/ERR/article-abstract/8AF28104437.
- +Koçak, M. & Ünlü, M. (2013). The effects of problem based learning on student's performance and motivation in geographic teaching. Marmara Geographic Journal, 1-17. Retrieved from http://dergipark.ulakbim.gov.tr/marucog/article/view/- 1012000793/0.
- +Koçakoğlu, M. (2008). The effect of problem based learning and motivational styles on students' academic success and attitudes towards biology course. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Gazi University, Turkey.
- +Kuşdemir, M., Ay, Y. & Tüysüz, C. (2013). An analysis of the effect of problem based learning model on the 10th grade students’ achievement, attitude and motivation in the unit of “mixtures”. Necatibey Faculty of Education Electronic Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, (7)2, 195-224. Retrieved from http://dergipark.ulakbim.gov.tr/balikesirnef/article/viewFile/5000084874/5000078956
- Leary, H. M., (2012). Self-directed learning in problem-based learning versus traditional lecture-based learning: A meta-analysis. All Graduate Theses and Dissertations. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/etd/1173.
- Lewis, K. E. & Tamblyn, R. M. (1987). The problem-based learning approach in baccalaureate nursing education: How effective is it? Nursing Paper, 19(2), 17-26.
- +Marum, T. (2009). PBL vs. DI: Which increases student achievement and attitude? (Unpublished Master Thesis), Western Governors University, USA.
- Mierson, S. & Parikh, A. A. (2000). Stories from the field: Problem-based learning from a teacher's and a student's perspective. Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning, 32(1), 20-27. doi:10.1080/00091380009602705.
- +Moralar, A. (2012). The effect of problem-based learning approach on academic success, attitude and motivation in science education. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Trakya University, Turkey.
- Oskay-Özyalçın, Ö., Erdem, E. & Yılmaz, A. (2009). A study about the effects of chemistry laboratory applications on students' attitudes towards chemistry and achievement. Electronic Journal of Social Sciences, 8(27), 222-321. Retrieved from dergipark.ulakbim.gov.tr/esosder/article.
- +Özdil, G. (2011). Effects of problem based learning approach on students? success in teaching the concepts of area and perimeter in seventh grade in primary schools. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Kastamonu University, Turkey.
- +Özgen, K. (2007). The effects of problem based learning approach on learning products in mathematics lesson. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Dicle University, Turkey.
- Özmen, F. (1999). Importance affective domain in realization of effective education - Love based training. Firat University Journal of Social Science, 1(9), 193-198. Retrieved from http://web.firat.edu.tr/sosyalbil/dergi/arsiv/cilt9/sayi1/193-198.pdf.
- +Özsarı, T. (2009). The effect of cooperative learning method to the fourth grade students' achievement on mathematic learning: Problem based learning (PBL) and student teams achievement division method (STAD). (Unpublished Master Thesis), Ege University, Turkey.
- +Penjvini, S. & Shahsawari, S. (2013). Comparing problem based learning with lecture based learning on medicine giving skill to newborn in nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 9(3), 53-59. doi: 10.5430/jnep.v3n9p53.
- Phan, H. P. (2008). Unifying different theories of learning: Theoretical framework and empirical evidence. Educational Psychology, 28(3), 325-340. doi:10.1080/01443410701591392.
- Pigott, T. D. (2012). Advances in meta-analysis. Springer: USA.
- Radin, D. I. & Ferrari, D. C. (1991). Effects of consciousness on the fall of dice: A meta- analysis. Journal of Scientific Exploration, 5(1), 61-83. Retrieved from http://deanradin.com/evidence/Radin1991DiceMA.pdf.
- +Rajab, A. M. (2007). The effects of problem-based learning on the self-efficacy and attitudes of beginning biology majors. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), University of California, USA.
- +Reynolds, J. M. & Hancock, D. R. (2010). Problem-based learning in a higher education environmental biotechnology course, Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 47(2), 175-186. doi: 10.1080/14703291003718919.
- Rudy, A. C. (2001). A Meta-analysis of the treatment of anorexia nervosa. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Ithaca College, USA.
- Saban, A. (2004). Öğrenme-öğretme süreci. Yeni teori ve yaklaşımlar. [Teaching-learning process. New theories and approaches]. Ankara: Gazi.
- Sağlam, M. & Yüksel, İ. (2007). Meta-analysis and meta-evaluation methods in program evaluation. Dumlupinar University Journal of Social Science, 18, 175-188. Retrieved from http://birimler.dpu.edu.tr/app/views/panel/ckfinder/userfiles/17/files/DERG_/- 18/175-188.pdf.
- Savery, J. R. (2006). Overview of problem-based learning: Definitions and distinctions. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-Based Learning, 1(1), 3. doi: 10.7771/1541- 5015.10
- Schwarts, P., Mennin, S. & Webb, G. (Eds.) (2001). Problem-based learning: Case studies, experience and practice. London: Kogan Page.
- +Selçuk-Sezgin, G. (2010). The effects of problem-based learning on pre-service teachers’ achievement, approaches and attitudes towards learning physics. International Journal of the Physical Sciences, 5(6), 711-723. Retrieved from http://www.academicjournals.org/IJPS.
- +Serin, G. (2009). The effect of problem based learning instruction on 7th grade students’ science achievement, attitude toward science and scientific process skills. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
- +Sevening, D. & Baron, M. (2003). A comparison of traditional teaching methods and problem-based learning in an addiction studies class. Journal of Teaching in the Addictions, 1(2), 27-42. doi: 10.1300/J188v01n02_04.
- Sifoğlu, N. (2007). The effects of constructivism and problem-based learning on students' success in the teaching the topic heritage' at the 8th grade. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Gazi University, Turkey.
- Strobel, J. & Van Barneveld, A. (2009). When is PBL more effective? A meta-synthesis of meta-analyses comparing PBL to conventional classrooms. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 3(1), 44-58. doi: 10.7771/1541-5015.1046.
- +Şahin, M. & Yörek, N. (2009). A comparison of problem-based learning and traditional lecture students’ expectations and course grades in an introductory physics classroom. Scientific Research and Essay, 4(8), 753-762. Retrieved from http://www.academicjournals.org/SRE.
- +Şalgam, E. (2009). The effect of problem based learning method on students' academic achievement and their attitude for physics lesson. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey.
- Şendağ, S. & Odabaşı, F. H. (2009). Effects of an online problem based learning course on content knowledge acquisition and critical thinking skills. Computers and Education, 53(1), 132-141. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2009.01.008.
- +Şenocak, E., Taşkesenligil, Y. & Sözbilir, M. (2007). A study on teaching gases to prospective primary science teachers thorugh problem-based learning. Research in Science Education, 37, 279-290. Retrieved from http://www.academia.edu.
- +Taşoğlu, A. K. (2009). The effect of problem based learning on students? achievements, scientific process skills and attitudes towards problem solving in physics education. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey).
- +Tavukcu, K. (2006). The effects on the learning outcomes of problem based learning in science instruction. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Turkey.
- Tolan, B. (1985). Toplum bilimlerine giriş: Sosyoloji ve sosyal psikoloji. [Introduction to the social sciences: Sociology and social psychology]. Ankara: Savaş.
- Topçu, P. (2009). The effect of gender on computer attitude: A meta-analysis study. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Marmara University, Turkey.
- +Tozo, A. T. (2011). The evaluation of the affect on student success and attitude of the subject which is Turkey's geopolitical position and regional problems via problem based learning technique. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Gazi University, Turkey.
- Tseng, K. H., Chiang, F. K. & Hsu, W. H. (2008). Interactive processes and learning attitudes in a web-based problem-based learning (PBL) platform. Computers in Human Behavior, 24(3), 940-955. doi:10.1016/j.chb.2007.02.023.
- +Tüysüz, C., Tatar, E. & Kuşdemir, M. (2010). Effect of the problem based learning on students' achievement and attitude in chemistry. Mustafa Kemal University Journal of Social Sciences Institute, 7(13), 48–55. Retrieved from http://sbed.mku.edu.tr/article/view/1038000590/0.
- Uden, L. (2006). Technology and problem-based learning. C. Beaumont (Ed.). USA: IGI Global.
- +Uslu, G. (2006). The Effect of problem based learning to attitudes, success and level of performance of the students in secondary school mathematics lessons. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Balikesir University, Turkey.
- +Uygun, N. & Tertemiz, N. (2014). Effects of problem-based learning on student attitudes, achievement and retention of learning in math course. Education and Science, 39(174), 75-90. doi: 10.15390/EB.2014.1975.
- Üstün, U. (2012). To what extent is problem based learning effective as compared to traditional teaching in science education? A meta-analysis study. (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
- Üstün, U. & Eryılmaz, A. (2014). A research method to do effective research synthesis : Meta-analysis. Education and Science, 174(39), 1-32. doi: 10.15390/EB.2014.3379.
- +Visser, Y. (2002). Effects of problem-based and lecture-based instructional strategies on problem solving performance and learner attitudes in a high school genetics class. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans.
- Walker, A. & Leary, H. (2009). A problem based learning meta analysis: Differences across problem types, implementation types, disciplines, and assessment levels. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 3(1), 6-28. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/1541-5015.1061.
- Walton, H. J. & Matthews, M. B. (1989). Essentials of problem-based learning. Medical Education, 23, 542-558. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.1989.tb01581.x.
- Wilson, S. J., Lipsey, M. W. & Derzon, J. H. (2003). The effects of school-based intervention programs on aggressive behavior: a meta-analysis. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 71(1), 136-151. doi: 10.1037/0022-006X.71.1.136.
- Wolf, F. M. (1986). Meta-analysis: Quantitative methods for research synthesis. USA: Sage.
- Woods, D.R. (1996). Problem based learning, helping your student gain the most from PBL. USA: Sage.
- Yadav, A., Subedi, D., Lundeberg, M. A. & Bunting, C. F. (2011). Problem-based Learning: Influence on Students’ Learning in an Electrical Engineering Course. Journal of Engineering Education, 100 (2), 253-280. doi: 10.1002/j.2168-9830.2011.tb00013.x
- +Yurd, M. (2007). The effect of know-want-sample-learn strategy, which is developed by using problem based learning and know-want-learn strategy, towards the 5th grade students' attitudes in science and technology lesson and towards to remove their misconceptions. (Unpublished Master Thesis), Mustafa Kemal University, Turkey.
Demirel, M., & Dağyar, M. (2016). Effects of Problem-Based Learning on Attitude: A Meta-analysis Study. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 12(8), 2115-2137.
Demirel, Melek, and Miray Dağyar. "Effects of Problem-Based Learning on Attitude: A Meta-analysis Study" EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education 12.8 (2016): 2115-2137.
DEMIREL, Melek; DAĞYAR, Miray. Effects of Problem-Based Learning on Attitude: A Meta-analysis Study. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 2016, 12.8: 2115-2137.