EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
Volume 13, Issue 6 (June 2017), pp. 1737-1747
Downloaded 30 times.
Published online on Apr 18, 2017
How to reference this article?
An Empirical Study on Context Awareness Integrated Mobile Assisted Instruction and the Factors
Qiujin Zheng, Ting Chen & Deyi Kong
Education is now an indicator of national modernization that countries in the world intend to promote the national quality and cultivate talents for national development through education. Especially, when human societies get into the 21st century, global societies, politics, economy, and culture are facing major changes. With the development of technology, the advance of the Internet, and the popularity of mobile devices, learning outside the classroom is no longer a problem and learning combined with authentic contexts becomes easier. When mobile devices are developed to connect to the network, it starts the mobile learning stage and ubiquitous learning becomes the easily accessible reality. Having Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fujian Normal University, and Fujian Huaqiao University as the research objects, total 348 students of two classes each from the three universities are selected as the research objects in this study. The research results conclude 1.significantly positive correlations between context awareness and self-efficacy, 2.remarkably positive correlations between self-efficacy and learning motivation, and 3.notably positive correlations between context awareness and learning motivation. According to the research results, suggestions are proposed in this study, expecting to assist in the development of education.
Keywords: context awareness, mobile assisted instruction, self-efficacy, school-work learning motivation
- Agusalim, I. D., Kom, M. H. A. S., & Muhammad, A. F. (2014). Developing mobile application of interactive English pronunciation training to improve EFL students’ pronunciation skill. Journal of Education and Practice, 5(33), 135-139.
- Ali, A. Z. M., & Segaran, K. (2013). 3D talking-head mobile app: a conceptual framework for English pronunciation learning among non-Native speakers. English Language Teaching, 6(8), 66-76.
- Bagozzi, R. P., & Yi, Y. (1988). On the Evaluation of Structure Equations Models. Journal of Academy of Marking Science, 16(1), 74-94.
- Burston, J. (2013). Mobile-assisted language learning: A selected annotated bibliography of implementation studies 1994-2012. Language Learning & Technology, 17(3), 157-225.
- Chen, F. Y. (2014). EFL English major’s asynchronous computer-mediated peer comment types and their perceived helpfulness of peer comments on revision. Unpublished MA thesis. Tung Hai University, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Chuah, K. M. (2014). Word’s up with WhatsApp: The use of instant messaging in consciousness-raising of academic vocabulary. Paper presented at 23rd MELTA and 12th Asia TEFL International Conference, Kuching.
- Church, K., & Oliveira, R. D. (2013). What’s up with What’s App? Comparing mobile instant messaging behaviors with traditional SMS. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Hunan-computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services - MobileHCI’13.
- Cuieford, J. P. (1965). Fundamental Statistics in Psychology and Education, 4th Ed, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Fielding, K. S., & Head, B. W. (2012). Determinants of young Australians’ environmental actions: the role of responsibility attributes, locus of control, knowledge and attitudes. Environmental Education Research, 18(2), 171-186.
- Gainesville (2012). Ecotourism experiences reported online: Classification of satisfaction attributes. Tourism Management, 33, 702-712.
- Han, H., Hsu, L. T. J, Lee, J. S., & Sheu, C. (2011). Are Lodging Customers Ready to Go Green? An Examination of Attitudes, Demographics, and Eco-friendly Intentions. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(2), 345-355.
- Kerlinger, F. N. (1986). Foundations of Behavioral Research, 3rd ed., Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Orlando, FL.
- Lin, W. C., & Yang, S. C. (2011). Exploring students’ perceptions of integrating Wiki technology and peer feedback into English writing courses. English Teaching: Practice and Critique, 10(2), 88-103.
- Liu, L., & Lu, L. N. (2012). On-line peer assessment of Chinese students’ oral presentation in English. Sino-US English Teaching, 9(3), 1005-1009.
- Luo, B. (2014). Peer reviewed pronunciation reading. Journal of Teaching English Language and Literature, 1-22.
- Miangah, T. M., & Nezarat, A. (2012). Mobile-assisted language learning. International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems (IJDPS), 3(1), 309-319.
- Moradi, M. R., & Karimpour, Z. (2012).The effect of online peer feedback on the academic writing ability of Iranian EFL learners. International Education Studies, 5(2), 113-117.
- Nie, Q. (2012). GEPT High-Intermediate Reading Test Collection Book. Taipei: Howard Bookstore.
- Noletto, I. (2014). WhatsApp As A Pronunciation Input Aid. Proceedings of the 6th Encripro international conference on technology productivity, Teresina.
- Rodríguez-González, E., & Castañeda, M. E. (2016). The effects and perceptions of trained peer feedback in L2 speaking: Impact on revision and speaking quality. Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching.
- Rogerson-Revell, P. (2011). English Phonology and Pronunciation Teaching, London, UK: Continuum.
- Saito, Y. (2013). The value of peer feedback in English discussion classes. In N. Sonda & A. Krause (Eds.), JALT2012 Conference Proceeding. Tokyo: JALT.
- Shih, R. C. (2013). Enhancing college students’ environmental protection awareness through a mobile LINE application in English public speaking course. Life Science Journal, 10(3), 2137-2142.
- Tsai, P. H. (2015). Computer-assisted pronunciation learning in a collaborative context: A case study in Taiwan. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology-TOJET, 14(4), 1-13.
- Viberg, O., & Grönlund, A. (2012). Mobile assisted language learning: A literature review. In M. Specht, M. Sharples & J. Multisilta (Eds.). Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning. Helsinki, Finland.
- Wichadee, S. (2013). Peer feedback on Facebook: The use of social networking websites to develop writing ability of undergraduate students. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 14(4), 260-270.
- Yang, J. (2013). Mobile assisted language learning: Review of the recent applications of emerging mobile technologies. English Language Teaching, 6(7), 19-25.
Zheng, Q., Chen, T., & Kong, D. (2017). An Empirical Study on Context Awareness Integrated Mobile Assisted Instruction and the Factors. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 13(6), 1737-1747.
Zheng, Qiujin, Ting Chen, and Deyi Kong. "An Empirical Study on Context Awareness Integrated Mobile Assisted Instruction and the Factors" EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education 13.6 (2017): 1737-1747.
ZHENG, Qiujin; CHEN, Ting; KONG, Deyi. An Empirical Study on Context Awareness Integrated Mobile Assisted Instruction and the Factors. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 2017, 13.6: 1737-1747.